Sunday, June 11, 2006

Don't Read This!


No One has ever purchased this image. This wouldn't be strange except that I get a lot of nice comments about it - then they read the back of the print, and that's it, end of story, no sale!

So, if you don't already know what the image is, think about what you could possibly know about the image which would make you change your mind about the image.

Personally I see a couple of skeletons or ghosts in the image, one facing each way. But then, I'm the person who when Batman came out, couldn't figure out why the logo was an oval with a couple of teeth hanging down - it was years later that I found out it was a bat - must be something to to with being left handed, or maybe just odd.

Anyway, back to the image.

So, do you want to know what it was that stopped all sales?

Are you sure?

Ok, I'll tell you.

Last chance, the image will never be the same again!

Right, you have been warned.

I was having a shower in our bath/shower cubicle with a glass block window and noted the interesting patterns through the glass block, supplied by various items outside providing the colour. In this case it was a blue tarp lying on the back patio, left there after cleaning the patio of leaves. The surface of the glass block was covered in beads of water. I dried off and retrieved my camera and had fun coming up with a variety of compositions.

See, I told you. Now, just to warp your mind, what if instead of an overweight 56 year old guy, I'd been a drop dead gorgeous young woman, think that would have affected the sales.

It might just be easier just to lie on the print blurb. Please forget you read this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abstracts are fun :)

Why does it matter what it's "of"??? why do people insist that photographs be representational of tangible reality???