Saturday, June 30, 2007

Centre Street Bridge


Not a perfect image but I do like the repetitive curves and the diagonal 'braces'. I don't like the barely visible other arch to the left of the centre buttresses and the fact that I inadvertently cut off the curve of the arch in the upper left isn't acceptable.

I think in hind sight I should have moved back if possible, shooting with a longer lens and also moved closer to the line of the bridge to hide that arch. The image has enough potential to make that worth while. Next time round I might want to blend two exposures so the detail in the darker areas shows less noise - the shadows have been opened dramatically and even the 1Ds2 exhibits considerable noise and sometimes linear lines when I manipulate the shadows that much. Mind you, don't suppose the bridge is going anywhere - will see if I can reshoot this weekend.

No comments: