Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back To The Badlands


My friend Robin and I headed for Drumheller today, planning to photograph at Atlas Coal Tipple, but we noticed this side canyon on the way and marked it for a visit after supper. Robin worked his way up a cliff which faced the sunny side of the canyon while I went up the sunny side wall to photograph into the shade. Time will tell which was the better plan. As Robin shoots film and doesn't 'do' digital, it may be some time before we find out. He's into medium and large format and pyro developer - remember develoers? I think he might have been a bit miffed when I showed my images on my Epson 2000 at supper - at least I agreed to turn it off so we could eat.

1 comment:

andrew said...

A killer image of a remarkable place. Hopefully it is a national monument of otherwise protected?