Saturday, June 14, 2014

Newfoundland Two




The first image is a recreation of the Viking houses at L'anse Aux Meadows. The second is an old fence on Fogo Island, the third a beach artifact at Woody Point, next to Gros Morne. The first was made with the A6000 and 55-210, the second with the A7r and 24 ts-e Canon lens shifted left and right and stitched, the third with the A6000 again, this time with the 10-18 IS hand held at 1/8 second.


The fourth image is the A7r on Fogo Island, 24 mm. ts-e, tilted for nice fore to aft focus, but I forgot to check depth of field left to right and the right edge raised rocks are out of the plane of focus.

2 comments:

TJ said...

I've been trying a lot of "split toning" lately with black and white images. Have you tried it? I think the results can be quite eye-catching (specially when complimentary colors are used). Even though it is easily done in the RAW editor (ACR that is) but I've developed my own way to do it manually somehow in Photoshop itself.

Unknown said...

I am a very amateur photographer, but have been experimenting a little bit with split toning. I haven't been able to get anything to look this good, but am improving a lot. I really love this picture of the viking house. It is so beautiful. I would love to go to Newfoundland someday. http://cameraworksnorthwest.gostorego.com/camera-lenses/new-lenses.html