Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dead Grass V.2



Restitching turned out to be a nightmare, not because of software problems but because in making the three image stitch, I had been careless about aligning the camera/lens. With considerable effort in blending and then some cloning work I was able to remove all (I hope) of the noticeable stitching errors.

This kind of photograph is just about as difficult a stitch as you will find and does require careful alignment. It's close, it's 3 dimensional, the near and far cross each other and it's full of lines which really show stitching errors.

Note too that I included more of the image this time round. Although there is a bit of a pine on the left, in black and white it blends in so much that it doesn't interfere with the composition so I included it.

No comments: