Friday, December 08, 2006

On The Way Out Shopping


OK, so I'm on my way out to do some Christmas shopping, and the next door neighbour wants to talk to me about her wrinkled eyes that she blames on a rash, and I'm looking past her at the garden that I never cleared up in the Fall, and there's this plant, and as she keeps talking, I'm thinking, that plant looks gorgeous and I bet it would photograph well (see prev. article on what photographs well), and so she leaves and I'm on the way shopping, and like, I'd rather be photographing, and well, the shopping can wait...

Seriously, the light coloured leaves photographed very well. There's a flaw in the stitching - one or more of the leaves have moved between exposures so can't be blended. For serious prints I will restitch with the output in layers so I can set the border between images manually and avoid the 'double exposure' look this shows in larger sizes. PTGui asks me whether I want a single output image or each masked part of the stitch as a separate layer. It's not difficult to adjust the borders between images by editing the mask of the overlying image.

No comments: