Thursday, May 10, 2007

Away For A Week

I'm off for a week of holiday, a cruise to Alaska.

In the mean time, how about (re) reading part three of Taking Your Photography To The Next Level, Part III or how about my four part series on black and white printing starting at Black And White Printing Part 1

With over 480 blog entries, there's probably something in here to keep you occupied till I get back, though come to think of it, you should probably be out shooting.

Here's some ideas for a shoot while I'm away.

- city hall or the law courts
- county jail
- gas stations old and new
- people who visit antique stores, or flee markets, yard sales etc. (and the odd things they buy) - take notes, get releases - might make a good book
- small towns near by
- daffodils (if you live north like me, or appropriate garden flower where you are
- the odd things people have parked round or behind their property
- pet owners - try the local off leash park
- street lamps at night
- roads
- the local mother's day run
- a skate board park
- half ton trucks, old and new, rusty and decorated - I had a friend in Kentucky who to make a point carried his umbrella in the gun rack in the back window of the truck (unlike most other people).


Anyway, if you can shoot even half of these before I get back and make good images, maybe I should be reading your blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. I know you will -- we cruised to Alaska a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Happy holidays.

Chuck Kimmerle said...

I was thinking we outta play some sort of prank while he's away, but can't quite seem to breach the digital divide.

Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't his cruise ship:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272033,00.html