Saturday, November 11, 2006

Humble Projects


Stuck for a project, light not right, weather not cooperating for a 'grand landscape' image - here's what I did this afternoon. I have shot from parkades before and I have even photographed the parkades themselves before (late one night at the hospital). I was desperate to get out this afternoon but couldn't mount any enthusiasm for wilderness on a very dull dark winter day - so I headed downtown.

Akvis Enhancer did a great job bringing out the texture in the driveway but also dramatically opened up the shadows and strongly emphasized the flaws in the 1Ds2 sensor resulting in vertical stripes in the shadows. A bit of work with the history brush after using fade toned things down nicely. A Hue Saturation adjustment set for yellow only and a bit lighter too brightened the yellow to the left which wasn't as bright as the yellow elsewhere.

No comments: