Thursday, August 09, 2007

Excuses

You have probably noticed a drop in the number of posts I have made in the last month or so. There's two reasons for this - first, I have a medical student from England with me for the last month and that has prevented me from putting in quick blogs between patients and at meals as I was prone to do in the past. Simon heads home on Monday so I'll have a bit more spare time.

The second reason as I have hinted in previous entries is that I have written a book based loosely on some of my blog entries and the three part articles on Luminous Landscape. It is entirely non technical and has had considerable content added not in previous articles or blog entries.

The table of contents are going to look something like the following:

Introduction
Seeing
Finding Images
Composing
Assessing Images
Mind Games
The next levels articles

The book will be illustrated with some drawings and a large number of my photographs, including some images which show earlier attempts or the general scene, along with examples which help make my points.

So far the book has 166 pages of text (50,000 words), much of it fresh writing. It's at the publisher now for copy editing and next comes the layout.

As you can see, this has been no small effort. I will keep you informed as we make further progress.

2 comments:

andrew said...

George, I actually prefer the recent, reduced pace of your posting. This is because your posts are typically thought-provoking and take me a few days to digest. Just a slow thinker, I guess. And how do we get in line for a copy of your book?

Anonymous said...

Hi George!
Good luck with the book. Looking forward to it!

---jerry grasso