Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tree Trunk


Not sure if this is going to be a good idea but I will explore further. I photographed a large old tree nearby - 23 images as I circled the tree, trimming each image into a high narrow slit and then stitching to produce the equivalent of peeling the bark and laying it out flat. Clearly some trees are going to be more interesting than others but we'll see. Stitching had to be done by hand in Photoshop as neither Photoshop or PTGui could deal with the change in position and viewpoint.

1 comment:

Andy Ilachinski said...

I sense a Barr-Trunk-Typology portfolio emerging out of this...(seriously) very novel and interesting idea. Who knows if the aesthetics work out to justify a full portfolio, but I'd guess you have a shot at it. Wonderful idea! (Personal note: Darn, another one taken ;-)