Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Burned Stump Ver. 2


With more time after the expedition yesterday, I started stitching the multiple image photographs. Above is the result of a three image stitch using my 90 ts-e lens, camera vertical and using vertical shift. I could have done he same with simple nodal point rotation either by using a full 3D nodal point device but devices strong enough for my 1Ds2 are extremely expensive, heavy and bulky and vertical stitches like this are uncommon - less than 1% of my stitches.

There are plans on the web for making such a device but the wooden ones are generally specific to a camera/lens combination. As some people almost always use the same lens for stitching, this could work very well for them.

I still haven't decided whether in the end to go with colour or black and white.

No comments: