Monday, May 22, 2006

Pleasing Yourself



Sometimes its perfectly ok to take an image just for the heck of it, just because it means something to yourself only, and not to please anyone else, not to sell, not to stake your reputation on.

In this case, I woke in an especially good mood and the light was pouring into the bedroom and I didn't have anywhere to rush to on a Saturday morning. I was fascinated by all the angles and the light, the doorways and the odd angles as I lay on my pillow. My camera wasn't far so I reached for my camera and shot litterally with my head still on the pillow.

Will it ever hang in a gallery - extremely unlikely - but I won't throw it out - to me it means light, a warm pillow, waking up relaxed, enjoying the simple things... To you its a picture of someones bedroom, big deal - that's OK!

So, today, take a few images to please yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said ... and if your image doesn't please you, or speak to you in some way, how will it ever be meaningful to someone else?