Sunday, January 28, 2007

More From Parkades


Not a very productive day, just a chance to get outside and play with the camera. This image was handheld. DOn't know about you but sometimes the tripod is just too darn big - in this case the parkade had a concrete wall and I needed to be at the outside of it - no way for the tripod to get there so I leaned through the gap, and rested the camera on the concrete at one point, then held it tilted to aim it down and shot at 1/5 of a second, 17 mm. 17-40 lens. Of course, the 17 does minimize hand shake and having two of the three axes of rotation nailed by leaning the camera on it's L bracket meant that it was manageable.

Sometimes I'd like a really small tripod. RRS makes one but it's darned expensive for a one foot high tripod. I have spare ballhead so perhaps I'll simply rig something wooden up.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi. I work for the Calgary Parking Authority and I really like the shot of the ramp at the City Centre Parkade. Just wondering if it's possible to get a copy.

George Barr said...

Shelley:

money can buy anything. Actually an 8.5X11 can be had very reasonably. Contact me by email george dot barr at shaw dot ca

George