Friday, March 23, 2007

Hot Springs Version II



I was quite excited about the cropped version of this image I showed last night, but when I printed it (all be it bravely 24X36) it wasn't painterly, it was garish. Perhaps I'd oversharpened, perhaps it was the use of Akvis Enhancer when not appropriate, but I think it simply didn't work in a big image - I'd thought you'd move in to see brush strokes but the fine detail was visible across the room and the overview was missing at any distance.

I therefore started over tonight with the original three image stitch. I did crop a bit off the left to clean up the upper left corner, then stretched the upper left corner to eliminate even more and am happy with the result. I didn't oversharpen, I didn't use Akvis Enhancer this time. I did darken it considerably and the 'ice flowers' were lightened to make show a bit better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I inverted this image and it looked to me more attractive than the original.

What is it about an image that makes it more interesting when it is inverted?

Eagerly awaiting part 3.

camobel.es said...

I believe everybody should browse on it.