Monday, October 08, 2007

Late Changes



With time, we can see things differently. Below is the first version of the image, above is a new way of seeing the image, a couple of years later. Both have their merits, neither is perfect, but for now I prefer the upper image. Don't forget you can click on the image to see it larger.

I'm not sure about having any of the wave in the top of the image - I already trimmed some off and might yet remove the rest, but I don't want to get too close to the top of the furthest rock with the edge of the image.

I should point out that I present these images in development in the hope that some find the progression illustrative of the process of working on images, trying to improve, not always getting it right, sometimes being uncertain which is better. Hopefully it will make you think about your own images and changes you might make.

2 comments:

John said...

George,
My first comment on the internet, ever. I like the original image better but I would suggest cropping the sky nearly totally out. As always, love your work.
John S.

JohnL said...

Interestingly I have a preference for the original, including the sky, as it does add a calming foil to the turbulent foreground.