Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Surprise Result


Jasper train station has an old steam engine on display. During the day, the background is distracting so I photographed it at night. In fact it probably wouldn't have mattered for this image since I moved in so close and then cropped as well, still the dramatic almost drawing like quality wouldn't have happened during the day.

I didn't like having to crop off the spokes on the right (the original shows quite a bit more) but distracting elements at the bottom right made the price too much so trim it I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I really like about this image is the shadow light playing accross the machinery. It makes the depth very confusing and thus quite interesting. There appear to be many planes and gives the eye many places to explore. Quite a unique train wheel shot in my opinion.