Sunday, April 08, 2012

Quick Visit To Vancouver


From Stanley Park, Vancouver, B.C. Three images, blended, shot with the 70-200 f4 IS L lens on my 5D2, images blended in Helicon Focus. I'd found the tree the previous morning but despite waiting for clouds, never did get the really soft lighting I wanted, so came back at sunset and now the only problem was the light was failing fast. The tree is an ancient cedar, about 10 feet across at the base and this bole reached about 10 feet high.


And since I literally had to walk across the bridge over the road to get back to my car, it just seemed sensible to stop and photograph the Lions Gate Bridge. F16 @30 seconds.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Simply awesome :)

Sue said...

I always love your pictures, especially your black and whites. They seem to me to be usually low contrast with emphasis on the mid range tones.
So my preference would be to see the tree in Stanley Park in B&W rather than colour. For me, the lines and shapes on the tree trunk is the beauty, and the green and almost reddish tones are jarring.
I'd love to see your B&W interpretation of this photo.