Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cool Pano Head


I think we are onto something here. While I have not yet purchased this very reasonably priced device ($75), or even laid hands on one, it sure looks like it would be ideal for anyone wanting to do stitching with point and shoot digital cameras and lighter digital SLR's. My thanks to the anonymous commenter who pointed this out to me.

Unfortunately one of the cameras that won't work with this device is my very heavy 1Ds2 - I had run into the same problem with the Liere medium format view camera - the 1Ds2 weighs 1.535 kg. without lens, more than the upper limit recommended for this device of 1.4 kg. lens and camera combined.

Perhaps they will consider manufacturing a heavy duty model for my camera.

The pano head is available from Panosaurus

No comments: