Thursday, June 29, 2006

Feedback on Pair Of Images

I recently had the chance to rephotograph one of my favourite abstract rock images and am interested in feedback as to which one people prefer. I reshow the original here for ease of comparison.



New Image



Old Image

The new image was shot with my 90 mm. tilt and shift, shifting vertically for three overlapping images and it prints quite well to 3X4 feet.

I have a show coming up Oct. 16 in Toronto at Leonardo Gallery and they want 'big' prints and the new image will definitely print larger. But the real question is which image is better?

My own first reaction was disappointment with the new image but I'm getting to quite like it but perhaps I'm deluding myself - a not unheard of phenomenon. I've been known to work hard to save an image that is basically crap and should have been abandoned at the beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A second vote for the old, square aspect image. The old image is more abstract to my eye, and the extra space (particularly at the top) of the new image seems to add little of interest. --Aaron