Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Places To Photograph


You might consider photographing at a heritage village. Many areas have something equivalent - whether it's a restored railway, farm displays, old time village, restored town, etc. Somewhere that actually does things is ideal, I remember years ago picking up a silver bracelet with my wife that was made at Colonial Williamsburg.

The above image was shot at Heritage Park in Calgary. It's not great art but it's fun and after all this is a hobby for most of us and you can't photograph 'great art' all the time!

The image below is very much a record shot but I think might well be worth returning to to see if I can come up with something a bit more creative. Think of it as raw material.



By the way, the smithy image was a 1 minute exposure in the middle of the day - man, it was dark in there - there were in fact a few flare spots in the image that I hid in photoshop though had I cleaned the lens they might not have shown - still, not bad when you think of the light pouring in the windows during such a long exposure - Canon 17-40mm. L zoom lens.

No comments: