Friday, June 29, 2007

Comments On The Gallery Experience

I highly recommend anyone considering gallery shows read the comments appended to my article of yesterday on my gallery experience. Comments vary from 'you were taken' to 'scam!' to that sounds about right and various shades in between. Reading all the comments though gives a very good picture of gallery experiences and I think will be helpful. I hope more people will comment on their gallery experiences, expectations, successes and failures.

I'd be curious about how much room there is to negotiate with gallery owners - as to % commission and who pays what and working down the framing costs - or simply telling the gallery that no, I won't supply huge expensive prints. DO photographers have any power in this area or is it like it or lump it?

No comments: