Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back At The Field



Yesterday I looked out the front of the house - good cloud cover, I grabbed the camera and went out the back - the sun was shining - it stayed shining through the shoot and definitely cramped my style.

Fortunately today the clouds were significantly more substantial and I was fairly productive. Here you have the first couple of images. I used helicon focus in both - with the steel racks it took about 9 images to get from near to far and is fairly typical of really wide angle blends - it was less than perfect with some "double exposure" in the background gravel. I think I can do some image resizing and try blending fewer images to get a better result. It seems Helicon Focus can tollerate minor changes in image size as you focus with longer lenses (say 50 mm. and longer) but with really wide lenses (17-24 mm.) there is enough change in image size as you focus for Helicon to struggle especially at the edges.

The second image required Helicon Focus because although only two images, I needed to select the sharp from each and Helicon could do this automatically for me, one focussed on the flowers, the other on the machinery in the background.

No comments: