Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sam Abell

I'd heard the name, knew he was a famous photographer but knew nothing about his work. One of the commenters at luminous landscape mentioned a workshop Sam tought so tonight it googled his name and came across this wonderrful find

Sam Abell Pictures and Video Interview

Check it out, there's a lot to be learned here, about working a scene, about light, about persistence, about returning when things are right and about a dedicated and skilled photographer. Highly recommended. And I'm going to go back to check out the whole site.

1 comment:

Chuck Kimmerle said...

I remember how disappointed I was when I first heard the photo of the pears on the window sill was staged. I was a young photojournalist at the time and, due to my idealistic enthusiasm, found it unethical. I have since learned better.

Thanks for that site link.