Friday, September 08, 2006

Triptych

(click to get enlarged image)
It's common to hang a group of prints that are related to each other, but how about creating a set of images which need and complement each other, to be printed as one long print of four images or possibly separate prints which could be hung in a number of ways. They need to tie in not just because they have the same theme - the patterns, colours, textures should work together. I'd love to claim I knew this when I took the shots but truth is none worked well enough on their own to hold up, yet when put together, I think they work quite well (not that I'm biased or anything...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like these images together especially the two images on the ends "framing the series with similar shapes.

Why "triptych" though with four images. Not sure there is a proper word for four images together. quadtych sounds a bit odd!

Scott