Saturday, August 04, 2007

Colour Cylinders, Before And After



This morning, rather than work more on the black and white shot, I decided I'd use another set of raw images to do a blend (in which I didn't tilt the lens and screw up the focus on the small fluted column on the lower right). This blend included a little more on the left, a little less on the right (for better or worse).

I decided if I was going to the bother of doing the image again, I'd see what I could make of it in colour. There wasn't a huge amount of colour to start with, but enough rust tones to be working with, and here you have the result. I quite like it - now of course that leaves me trying to decide - colour or black and white. Sometimes it can be hard to decide.

Below is the original output from Helicon Focus, a six image blend. Note both the duller colour but also the very flat lighting which required a lot of work to make the shapes look more round.

No comments: