Friday, August 03, 2007

Pipe Benders Revisited


This was a particularly challenging (and dirty) task. I had considerable flexibility in arranging the shapes on the workbench, a subject I'll discuss later. The toned image is the final version (at least for tonight) and the next image is an intermediate step already with dozens of changes.


The last image is after the addition of a single extra masked curves adjustment layer. It was amazing how much different a single adjustment layer could make - the shapes stand out better and look more three dimensional.



The final version (the first and toned one) had a few hundred other changes made to it, adding perhaps another 30 minutes of work. I'm not convinced it's truly final - but I do think it's time to give it a rest for the night, coming back to work on it again, perhaps tomorrow but possibly many days from now - when the muse is with me.

No comments: