Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Youtube Is A Photographic Resource?

have been checking out youtube for a variety of things from sailboats to Paul Potts to photography - there was a good interview with Michael Kenna and a multipart series on the history of photography including film of Edward Weston in the darkroom - called Exposures. Some of the stuff is pretty low quality, but other material is enough to make you look up better copies of the images you see. Check it out, you might be pleasantly surprised.

3 comments:

thechrisproject said...

This is funny, I just uploaded a video about Garry Winogrand to Google Video. I couldn't use YouTube because it limits some users to videos of 10 minutes or less. I'm not sure if you're Winogrand fan or not, but it's certainly an interesting documentary that taught me a lot about him, way more than I was able to learn through the articles I've been reading about him.

thechrisproject said...

I have to follow up my comment to say that I took the Garry Winogrand video down. I got the video from Jim Arnold's website and he didn't want me to post it to share. Even though I'm pretty sure he isn't the copyright holder, I will respect his wishes. So, instead, you can download it from his site.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads up about the Kenna interview :-)