Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Favourite Books - Examples - Ansel Adams

Examples : The Making Of Forty Photographs
Ansel's discussion of the making of each of the images is well worth reading, the images themselves are both good and varied, close, far, grand landscape, buildings, portraits. My copy has excellent printing quality - definitely one of the books I return to.

The images are of course all black and white but I think any photographer in any medium would benefit from this book. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites too! I love the narrative for Moonrise.

Keith Alan K said...

I just returned it to the library, but will check it out again soon. This was the first time I had the chance to really linger over good prints of his, and having it at hand while reading a biography of AA was a big help.