Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tree


If you received a blogfeed without an image this afternoon, it was because I had inadvertantly published without uploading the image (pressed the wrong button). I immediately corrected the problem but I have a sneaking feeling that those of you using blogfeed (such as RSS) will have received the blank version. Anyway, the image will have shown up in the next feed.

In the mean time, here's another image from Vancouver Island - if I remember correctly this huge tree (12 feet across) was on an island just off the Tofino Harbour and accessed by water taxi. Shot with a 17-40 lens at 17 mm. I was only a few feet away from the trunk. Despite this, and the receding top of the tree perspective, it does give the impression of soaring height.

It might be tempting to burn down the leaves but I wanted the impression of strong light in the upper tree.

No comments: