Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sketches Of Frank Gehry


I've just finished watching the documentary, "Sketches of Frank Gehry", about the architect of Guggenheim Bilbao and Walt Disney Hall, of the building featured in the latest Lenswork, # 72. Absolutely fascinating and I think offering some things for photographers to think about as regards creativity, self doubt, where ideas come from and other relevant issues. Highly recommended. I have got to get myself to Bilbao, somehow, before I die.

Frank Gehry is not admired by all, some feel that the Bilbao museum is so 'out there' that it detracts from its function which is to show off the art. But really, if somehow that building could survive a thousand years or more, what better message could we leave the future to say, we were here, and this is what we could do.

Image above is copyright The Telegraph Newspaper, U.K.

No comments: